Who we are
As the representative of the professional accountancy organisations on the African continent, PAFA is conscious of:
The crucial role of an accountancy profession that is strong, independent, and unified in Africa
The need for the existence of an accountancy profession that is devoted to serving the African continent and operating using internationally recognised standards
The objectives of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) to promote the worldwide development and enhancement of an accountancy profession that can provide high quality services in the interest of the public
PAFA is aware that the accountancy profession could contribute more effectively to the African continent’s development if its members and their national accountancy profession are supported by a functioning continental organisation.
We are determined to play a key role in the development and sustainability of the African continent founded on the ideals of honesty, integrity and good governance, and in its renaissance as exemplified in the African Union (AU).
To strengthen the capacity and influence of the accountancy profession in Africa in order to enhance trade, the quality of services, and trust in institutions.
PAFA’s strategic objectives and their economic and societal benefits are aimed at creating long-term value and contributing to the realisation of the African Union Agenda 2063 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Working in partnership with our member organisations, affiliates and other stakeholders, PAFA will continue to contribute Aspirations 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 of the Seven Aspirations of the AU Agenda 2063, and enhance our impact on the SDGs.
- A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable development
- An integrated continent that is politically united based on the ideals of Pan-Africanism and the vision of the African Renaissance
- An Africa of good governance, democracy, and respect for human rights, justice and the rule of law
- A peaceful and secure Africa
- An Africa with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, values and ethics
- An Africa whose development is people-driven, relying on the potential offered by the African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children
- An Africa that is strong, united, resilient and an influential global player and partner
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
PAFA's strategy directly contributes to the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).