In the know
PAFA affiliates and other stakeholder events
PAFA hosts and facilitates a number of events for members and stakeholders. Please see our updated calendar below to register for one of our upcoming events.
Global Professional Accountants Convention (GloPAC)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is organizing its first ever “Global Professional Accountants Convention” (GloPAC), on the theme "Connecting the Globe, Creating Value" from November 24-26, 2023, at Mahatma Mandir Convention Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
9th Colloquium: Mind the Gap - the expectation gap between the public, the accountant, and the auditor..
9th Colloquium: Mind the Gap - The expectation gap between the public, the accountant, and the auditor
The expectation gap between the public, the accountant, and the auditor webinar in collaboration with the Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB).
- Thursday 11 May @ 12:00 - 15:00 UTC | 08:00 ET | 09:00 AST | 13:00 BST | 14:00 CEST | 14:00 South Africa | 17:30 India | 22:00 Sydney
- Linda de Beer, Chair of the Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB)
- Gilly Lord, Global Leader, Public Policy and Regulation, PwC United Kingdom
- Tom Seidenstein, Chair, International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
- Gabriela Figueiredo Dias, Chair, International Ethics Standards Board for Accountant
Click here to access the slides.
Future Ready Professionals - A Joint CPD Event between API, PAAB Zimbabwe and CGIAZ
Event: Trends and Opportunities Impacting Professional Accountants and Auditors in 2023 and Beyond
Theme: Prosperity through greater accountability and transparency in the public sector
CPD Hours: CPD Credits eligible for participants by participating professional organisations.
Target Audience: Public Sector Accountancy Professionals and Policy Leaders
Charges: Free for API MOU Signatories, API Partners Organisations members and All Professionals
- API Partner organisations – PAFA (PAOs); AFROSAI-E, CREFIAF (SAIs); & ESAAG/ AAAG (Acc Gens)
- IFAC and IPSASB
- Sponsorship: email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com
Branding Opportunity for API Partner Organisations
African Professional Accountancy Organisations (PAOs); Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) and Accountant Generals interested in being Branding partners (co-branding) at no cost to them can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com later than 24th March 2023. A maximum of 20 slots are available and will be allocated on first come basis.
Develop and enhance future readiness of professional accountants and auditors and advance greater accountability and transparency in the use of public sector resources.
“If the first two decades of the twenty-first century have taught us anything, it’s that uncertainty is chronic; instability is permanent; disruption is common; and we can neither predict nor govern events. There will be no “new normal”; there will only be a continuous series of “not normal” episodes defying prediction and unforeseen by most of us until they happen. And that means doubling down on the “first who” principle for building great companies” – Jim Collins & Bill Lazier
The projected market volatility underpinned by inflation, geopolitical tensions and technological disruptions will headline opportunity scoping in 2023 and beyond as the future becomes even more uncertain. Having this conversation may stimulate both debate and exploration of innovation mindsets that will enable professional accountants and auditors think more differently, be aware of as well as ride the turbulent waves of risk, opportunity and crisis.
Key lessons to be learnt at this event
- Why continuous learning and self-development is critical.
- Why seeking opportunity is better than seeking safety.
- How to confidently respond to disruption by staying future ready.
- API continental initiatives and rollout update – French Contextualisation.
- Catch-up on IPSAS Updates – Standards news & developments from IPSASB & IFAC.
Questions for You
- Why are organisations (especially private sector) accelerating automation and use of AI and how will professional accountants and auditors add value in a fast changing automated environment?
- Name 3 elements of your job that will not be replaced by tech disruption in the next 5 years?
- Why is there greater emphasis on value creation?
- Name 3 practical benefits of value creation / Performance audits for your organisation?
- How can professional accountants and auditors excel at creating?
- What are your top Environmental and Social responsibility concerns in the face of effects of aggressive profit driven capitalism fuelled by tech disruption – e.g. Will ChatGPT where Microsoft is investing over USD 10 billion drive the accounting, auditing and financial analysis functions better?
- What is the status of IPSAS compliance in your organisation / country?
African Women Against Corruption Network (AWACN)
Join the official launch of the African Women Against Corruption Network (AWACN) on 9 December 2022.
Objectives of the event:
The main objectives of the launch event of African Women Against Corruption Network are to:
● “Kick-Start” the dialogue on the depth and impact of the forms of corruption that target women and girls in Africa.
● Raise awareness of the gender differential impact of corruption on women and girls in Africa.
● Highlight and present critical areas of focus for African Women Against Corruption Network and the response strategy.
● Make a “call to action” for women to organise against corruption in their communities and pledging to become champions of anti-corruption.
Click here to see the speaker's lineup
21st World Congress of Accountants 2022
ICAI is delighted to host the 21st World Congress of Accountants 2022 scheduled to be held from 18 to 21 November 2022 at Jio World Centre, Mumbai, India, in hybrid mode. PAFA Members and Associates will receive 15% discount in addition to Early Bird discount till 15th September 2022. Register without delay.
SAIPA ACCOUNTING iNDABA 2022
SAIPA ACCOUNTING iNDABA 2022 | REGISTER BY 30 SEPTEMBER AND QUALIFY FOR EARLY BIRD FEES | EARN CPD HOURS
Accountancy and Finance professionals, don’t miss out on the Accountancy event of the year! Join us as we unpack Technomics for Sustainability AND celebrate 40 Years of SAIPA. Attend in-person at the stunning *Hilton Sandton Hotel or ONLINE.
Ethics and inflation: challenges for the accountancy profession
ACCA in partnership with CFA institute is conducting a webinar on Global Ethics Day under the title of “Ethics and inflation: challenges for the accountancy profession” highlighting the challenges and risks for businesses and accountants.
The event will be on October 19 and below is a link to the registration page and the outline.
Middle East North Africa (MENA): Moving from Cash-basis to Accruals-basis Accounting
The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), World Bank Group MENA Governance Global Practice, and the Arab Federation of Accountants and Auditors (AFAA) are pleased to announce the organization of another webinar in the PFM series, focused on the transition from cash to accrual accounting in the MENA region.
Middle East North Africa (MENA): Connecting the Accountancy Education Ecosystem
This webinar is co-hosted by IFAC and World Bank MENA Group and will provide participants with access to experts, opportunities to discuss, and a regional forum for collaboration. The webinar will feature case studies from the region that highlight experiences in multi-stakeholder ecosystems and will include a panel discussion. Participants are encouraged to share questions with the panelists during the event.
PAFA-SAICA Quality Management Workshop Series
Workshop 3: Acceptance and Continuance | Engagement Performance
ISQM 1, ISQM 2 and ISA 220 (Revised) come into effect on 15 December 2022. These standards are expected to have a significant impact for all audit firms. SAICA in collaboration with PAFA are introducing these monthly workshops as a platform where different aspects of the quality management standards may be addressed. Participants will have the opportunity to share practical insights and clarify their understanding on the implementation of these important standards.
A Zoom link will be sent to all individuals that have registered for the workshop.
MIA International Accountants Conference 2022
Malaysia and the world are preparing for a post-pandemic recovery even as the virus continues to mutate. To remain future-proof, members and the accountancy profession must evolve and continue to embrace best practices and technology to leverage on the opportunities emerging from major developing trends such as climate change, ESG and sustainability in line with the UN SDGs.